The new headquarters building for ABG Frankfurt Holding in Frankfurt, Germany aims for the highest international standards of sustainability and performance.
The project is the first LEED v4 New Construction pilot project in Germany and was built to the rigorous Passive House Standard. Baumann Consulting leveraged its extensive international experience and expertise in green building certification standards to support the certification goals of this innovative project.
The commissioning scope included the verification of the façade tightness and thermal bridges with infrared thermography.
The annual energy cost of Hafenstraße 40 is 51.2% below the ASHRAE 90.1-2010 baseline, achieving the maximum points possible.
The following energy conservation measures ensured that the building meets these energy efficiency goals:
- High-quality and airtight envelope
- Heating system with a mix of radiators and thermal-activated slabs
- Cooling system with one absorption chiller for AHU cooling coils, chilled ceilings, and fan coil units
- Dedicated outdoor air systems including heat recovery
- Connection to the local district heating network