Franklinstraße is a new office building in the Charlottenburg district of Berlin, Germany. The new 7-story building is on the site of a previous car dealership. Franklinstraße will help mitigate the ongoing shortage of office space in the Berlin area.
Baumann Consulting provided LEED consulting services to support the project’s LEED Gold certification using the BD+C rating system. The team also provided energy modeling, daylight simulation, and fundamental, enhanced, and building envelope commissioning services and performed a life cycle analysis (LCA).
Some issues that were identified during the functional performance testing (FPT) included:
- BMS display did not reflect the actual design and was missing the following components:
- Hydraulic bypasses for heating and cooling system
- Control valves for cooling of systems 1 and 2
- Pumps supplying cooling coils of AHU
- Defective fins of the heating coil of AHU 4
- Control valve for the heating system was incorrectly programmed
- Leak in cooling system 1
- Level sensor for buffer tank of the cooling system was incorrectly installed