Baumann Consulting Inc. (Baumann) is looking for a Mid- to Senior-Level Commissioning Engineer for our Washington D.C. office. The following Job Description describes the skills and expertise required, as well as the responsibilities and expectations.
We are seeking employees who are driven to make high performance buildings a reality. Our Mid-/Senior-Level Commissioning and Energy Engineers work independently on cutting-edge projects for world-class clients. They are competent in all aspects of building systems, energy management and the commissioning process. They evaluate, select, and adapt/modify standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to meet job-specific needs. They devise new solutions to problems encountered and independently perform assignments to achieve expected results. They are supported by an experienced team that provides technical guidance for unusual or complex problems and assistance in developing effective project plans. They work collaboratively with peers and junior team members to deliver results that exceed customer expectations.
The position involves domestic and international travel.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
Your typical duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Commissioning of building systems, energy audits, measurement & verification, and similar building performance analyses to evaluate and optimize the overall performance of buildings and their technical systems.
- Engineering consulting services for commercial and institutional buildings, as well as industrial facilities including (but not limited to) energy audits, due diligence studies, LEED consulting, etc. for new and existing buildings.
- Production of feasibility studies for building and system concepts including (but not limited to) cost estimates and life-cycle-cost analyses.
- Design and specification of mechanical systems and components (including, but not limited to heating and cooling, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, and fire protection systems), from programming and conceptual design, through implementation, acceptance testing, and turnover of projects.
- Execution of design reviews; preparation, coordination and execution of functional performance testing; and other commissioning-related tasks.
- Execution of site surveys for building and system assessments that result in recommendations and energy conservation measures for renovation, replacement, and optimization of technical systems.
- Load calculations, and other engineering analyses to understand the energy and thermal comfort performance of buildings under various conditions and design configurations; possibly also energy modeling and building simulation.
- Summarizing findings and results into technical reports and present materials to multi-disciplinary project teams and clients.
- Work as part of multidisciplinary teams (including, but not limited to attending meetings with architects, planners, contractors, and clients, etc.).
- Work in international projects that require communication with multicultural project teams.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience OR
- 10+ years of relevant work experience plus one or more of the below listed professional certifications.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) highly preferred.
- Professional Certifications (CEM, CCP, CPMP, BEAP, LEED AP, etc.) highly preferred.Baumann Consulting is an equal opportunity employer with a great work atmosphere and excellent benefits including:
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Company paid Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company paid ST/LT Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer contributions
- Company paid Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flextime and Flexplace Policy
If you feel that you are qualified and motivated for this position, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.