Baumann Consulting Inc. is looking for a Mid-Level Commissioning & Energy Engineer for our Chicago office. Do you have 5+ years of experience and are you ready to take on responsibilities as a project manager? This is an opportunity for professionals who are driven to make high performance buildings a reality.
Our team works on innovative and high-performance projects for local and global clients. We use cutting edge technology to deliver world-class services. Our portfolio includes net-zero-energy buildings, campus developments, tall and super-tall structures, airports, hospitals, corporate headquarters, and a wide range of other exciting projects; most of them achieve top sustainability ratings (such as LEED, BREEAM, DGNB, etc.). You will have the opportunity to work on local and international projects.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
- Lead and execute commissioning projects from beginning to close-out for new construction and existing building projects.
- Develop and manage specific Cx plans, procedures and schedules from pre-start to close-out
- Perform technical reviews of design documents and submittals
- Conduct site inspections
- Develop pre-functional checklists and functional performance test procedures
- Maintain Cx-issues log and pro-actively find solutions to solve issues
- Perform trend data analysis for monitoring based Cx
- Lead and execute condition assessments and energy audits for existing facilities.
- Support the development of innovative energy concepts for new and existing buildings.
- Provide project management and coordination on small and medium size projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors and other project team members.
- Produce summary reports and presentations and deliver them to clients, multidisciplinary project teams and other audiences.
- Support business development activities: networking at industry events, develop and maintain client relationships, preparation of proposals.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience OR
- 10+ years of relevant work experience plus one or more of the below listed professional certifications
- Strong analytical engineering skills
- Solid knowledge of mechanical systems and controls required
- Experience with CxAlloy highly preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) highly preferred
- Professional Certifications (CEM, CCP, CPMP, BEAP, LEED AP, etc.) highly preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative and critical thinker and problem solver
Baumann Consulting is an equal opportunity employer with a great work atmosphere and excellent benefits including:
- Policies for flexible work time and home office
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Company paid Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company paid ST/LT Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer contributions
- Company paid Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
If you feel that you are qualified and motivated for this position, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.