Mid- to Senior-Level High-Performance Building Consultant
Do you share our vision and passion to elevate high-performance buildings to become the standard of the industry? Are you driven by making an impact on the built environment by using your analytical and communication skills to help project teams design, build and operate better buildings and improve the communities we live in? Are you ready to take on leadership in a team and the industry? Then join our team of engineers, architects and consultants and be involved in all aspects of new and existing building optimization from early design concepts through building simulation, commissioning and performance verification.
We are currently looking to add a Mid- to Senior-Level High Performance Building Consultant to our Washington D.C. team. As a successful candidate, you have the following qualifications:
- You have excellent knowledge and a solid understanding of the fundamentals of high-performance buildings such as building enclosures, passive energy, thermal comfort, room conditioning, daylighting and lighting, controls and operation.
- You have experience with applying these fundamentals in various phases of new and existing building projects such as feasibility studies, concept development, design assist, design evaluation, construction inspection, system testing, and performance monitoring.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Building Physics, or related areas.
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in the field of architectural engineering, mechanical engineering, building enclosure consulting, commissioning, or building simulation for high-performance buildings.
- You have excellent analytical skills, including quantitative analysis, and the ability to solve problems creatively.
- You are a team player who enjoys working in a dynamic environment with a wide range of assignments and responsibilities.
- You are a critical thinker who is self-directed and able to be productive with minimal guidance.
- You have stellar communication skills and experience in consulting with architects, design teams, developers, and building owners.
Baumann Consulting, with offices in Washington D.C., Chicago and Frankfurt (Germany) provides consulting services for sustainable and innovative building solutions for the US and international markets. We provide sound engineering practices and creative solutions for high-performance buildings based on German Quality and American Innovation. Baumann offers a broad expertise for consulting services in the field of commercial, institutional, educational, and industrial buildings. Our services cover the entire life cycle of buildings, starting with energy audits and feasibility studies, the development and evaluation of design concepts, through commissioning, M&V and monitoring of the performance of buildings and systems.
About the POSITION
This position allows you to be part of local and global projects with ambitious energy efficiency and sustainability goals. The position requires that the candidate is a fully competent professional in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area of assignments. A license as a professional engineer (P.E.) is expected. The candidate is able to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. The successful candidate will devise new solutions to problems and challenges encountered and independently perform most assignments with instruction only regarding general expected results. You will receive technical guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval of proposed project plans. You may supervise a few engineers, consultants and/or technicians on a project basis. This position provides tremendous potential to grow into a leadership position within the company and the industry.
Your typical duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Engineering consulting services for new and existing high-performance commercial and institutional buildings, including (but not limited to) integrated design concepts, holistic retrofit concepts, energy audits, due diligence studies, design concepts, load calculations, building simulation, etc.
- Engineering analyses to understand the energy and thermal comfort performance of buildings under various conditions and design configurations.
- Production of feasibility studies for building and system concepts including (but not limited to) cost estimates and life-cycle-cost analyses.
- Commissioning of building systems, energy audits, measurement & verification, and similar building performance analyses to evaluate the overall performance of buildings and their technical systems and recommend performance improvement and energy conservation measures.
- Execution of design reviews including recommendations to improve building and system performance; preparation, coordination and execution of functional performance testing; and other commissioning-related tasks.
- Summarize findings and results into technical reports and present materials to multi-disciplinary project teams and clients.
- Work as part of multidisciplinary teams (including, but not limited to attending meetings with architects, planners, contractors, and clients, etc.).
- Work in international projects that require communication with multicultural project teams.
- Involvement in business development activities such as outreach and networking with potential clients, screening the local market for upcoming opportunities, and writing proposals.
The position requires the following:
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in teams.
- Ability to handle ambiguous situations and use best-judgment to determine priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple time-critical projects.
- Stellar verbal and writing communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Must have valid US work authorization.
- Baumann Consulting is an equal opportunity employer with a great work atmosphere and excellent benefits including:
- In general, we request a high degree of flexibility from our employees to conform to the nature and variety of our project portfolio and the structure of our company. The position requires the ability to work independently and in a team and gives tremendous room for growth. The position involves domestic and international travel.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Company paid Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company paid ST/LT Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer contributions
- Company paid Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flextime and Flexplace Policy
If you feel that you are qualified and motivated for this position, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.<< Back to Careers Page