Entry- / Junior LEVEL Commissioning & Energy Engineer, Washington D.C.
Baumann Consulting Inc. (Baumann) is looking for Entry- to Junior-Level Commissioning Engineers for our Washington D.C. office. The following Job Description describes the skills and expertise required, as well as the responsibilities and expectations.
We are seeking employees who are driven to make high performance buildings a reality. Our Entry-/Junior-Level Commissioning and Energy Engineers work with guidance from our senior engineering team on cutting-edge projects for world-class clients. They work on all aspects of building systems, energy management and the commissioning process. They apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to meet job-specific needs. They exercise experience-appropriate judgment for less common methods or procedures to solve problems encountered on assigned tasks.
In our learn-by-doing environment, our junior team members learn how to deliver results that exceed customer expectations through collaboration. Our Entry-/ Junior-Level Commissioning and Energy Engineers are supported by an experienced team that provides technical guidance and assistance. They develop engineering skills and expertise by completing tasks that use prescribed methods to complete specific and limited segments of the team’s broader assignments. As they develop, we challenge our Entry-/ Junior-Level Commissioning and Energy Engineers with higher-level work assignments, increasing complexity, and tasks that require non-routine techniques to move quickly into more senior roles. Baumann Consulting supports continuous education and professional development of all of its employees. We also encourage active involvement and participation in professional associations.
The position may involve domestic and international travel.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
Your typical duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Review of construction documents in support of commissioning activities including general quality checks, test planning, and generation of standard reports.
- Physical audits of new and existing building systems in support of energy audits, measurement & verification, LEED documentation, and due diligence reporting.
- Analysis of data gathered through field work, system trending, and other means for use in feasibility studies, energy audits, certification submissions, and other analyses.
- Calculation of building and system characteristics in support of design and specification of mechanical systems and components.
- On-site execution of functional performance testing; and other commissioning-related tasks.
- Completion of load calculations, and other engineering analyses to understand the energy and thermal comfort performance of buildings under various conditions and design configurations; possibly also energy modeling and building simulation.
- Summarizing findings and results into technical reports and assist in preparation of presentation materials for client meetings.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience or Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred.
- Professional Certifications (CEM, CCP, CPMP, BEAP, LEED AP, etc.) a plus.
Baumann Consulting is an equal opportunity employer with a great work atmosphere and excellent benefits including:
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Company paid Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company paid ST/LT Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer contributions
- Company paid Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flextime and Flexplace Policy
- Support of continuous education and professional development
- Support of active involvement and participation in professional associations
If you feel that you are qualified and motivated for this position, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.<< Back to Careers Page