Baumann Consulting provided building demand modeling and analysis as part of the Garforth International project team to develop an IEMP in collaboration with Henry Ford College (HFC).
HFC created the following goals for the IEMP relative to baseline of FY2017:
- Increase source energy efficiency by 60% and water efficiency by 40%
- Reduce carbon footprint by 50%
- Provide investment return of 8%
Based on the current building performance, Baumann developed a package of energy efficiency measures (EEM) for all 23 buildings across two campuses. To verify that those EEMs achieve the goals, Baumann calculated the current building energy and water demand for HFC.
The comprehensive energy efficiency package was then applied to all campus buildings, based on building condition and performance assessment, to calculate energy savings and implementation costs.
The EEM package included, among others:
- Wall, window, and door retrofits
- Existing and new building commissioning
- HVAC controls with CO2 sensors, chilled water temperature reset, and heat recovery
- Retrofit lighting to LEDs with occupancy and daylight sensors
- Utility sub metering by building
The final IEMP meets all framing goals. It will be implemented from 2019-2024 and maintained thru 2039.
<< Back to Case Study Page