The new headquarters building for ABG Frankfurt Holding in Frankfurt, Germany aims for the highest international standards of sustainability and performance.
The project is the first LEED v4 BD+C: New Construction pilot project in Germany and was built to the rigorous Passive House Standard. Baumann Consulting leveraged its extensive international experience and expertise in green building certification standards to support the certification goals of this innovative project.
The commissioning scope included the verification of the façade tightness and thermal bridges with infrared thermography.
In comparison with ASHRAE 90.1-2010, Hafenstrasse 40 is 51.2% more efficient based on costs.
The following measures helped the building meet these energy efficiency goals:
- High quality and air tight envelope
- Connects to the local district heating network
- Heating system uses a mix of radiators and thermal activated slabs
- Cooling system uses one absorption chiller with AHU cooling coils, chilled ceilings, and fan coil units
- Dedicated outdoor air systems including heat recovery
<< Back to Case Study Page